We’re looking for a responsible and experienced Printing Press Supervisor to oversee our flexographic printing press operations.
Our startup is a new player in the commercial printing and packaging sector, building a new line of business for high impact product labels. We seek dedicated and passionate creative and design professionals looking to build a career in sales to join our young and energetic team.
Our company is based in the dynamic City of North Vancouver, minutes from LOLO (Lower Lonsdale), as well as major Translink bus and seabus routes. Our company principles are building on 30+ years of print experience to launch this exciting new venture.
The Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring flexographic printing press operations, as well as supervising and training Printing Press Operators (NOC 7381). The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills and be able to organize, support, supervise, and coordinate the activities and responsibilities of press operators. Previous experience and proficiency with daily routine flexographic printing press operations is a must.
- Support, supervise, and coordinate the activities and responsibilities of workers who set-up and operate flexographic printing press to print designs or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper and nonabsorbent stock
- Review and approve printing proofs or samples to ensure quality of work meets client specifications and needs
- Resolve work or client issues, provide technical/professional guidance, and recommend measures to improve printing productivity and product quality
- Train workers on flexographic printing press, safety procedures and company policies, establish methods to meet work schedules/demands, and provide input on hiring and promoting workers
- Requisition materials and supplies including inks and dyes; laminate polyethylene and other sheeting substrates; solvents and lubricants; and mechanical components and spare parts
- Prepare reports
- Detailed report on daily total production volume on all printing, slitting, and die-cut stations and presses
- Detailed weekly reporting on total number of down time for presses, list of major repair tasks, list of repair material along with associated costs and number of labor hours associated with each respectively
- Report of working hours for each press, optimized jobshop press allocation scheduling and optimization of schedules per shifts
- Weekly update on inventory lists, including dies, anilox cylinders, flexographic inks, flexographic thin plates and embossing, hot and cold foil stations’ plates
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or managerial experience
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in flexographic printing press operation
- College or post-secondary education (bachelor degree in engineering is an asset, preferably in mechanical engineering, with experience in mechanical parts design, troubleshooting and optimization)
- Experience with the following ...
- Color management and color separation
- Troubleshooting flexo-printing press and minimizing press downtime
- Costs of pressure sensitive adhesive label printing jobs, and minimizing waste on substrate, ink and material
- Inline and offline finishers from major vendors such as ABG Graphics, CEI, Grafotronic or Prati
- Prepress operations including flexo-printing plates, die cut TPDs, and anilox and magnetic dies
- Semi or full-rotary conventional die cutting stations, as well as laser die cutters (experience with SEI or Spartanics laser cutters is an asset)
- Printing software like CERM, Label Maxx, or equivalent software is an asset
- Major flexographic printing presses like MarkAndy or MPS is an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to email@example.com.