Altro Industries Inc operating as Altro Labels is hiring for a full-time permanent printing press electrical engineering technician. Altro Labeles is a new player in the commercial printing and packaging sector, building a new line of business for high impact product labels. We are devoted to our customer-centric approach throughout our business and are passionate about continuously improving the value to our customers. We’re passionate, energetic, and committed to providing excellence in packaging solutions. Join our team!
Assist in design, development and testing, Write specifications, Install, maintain and service equipment, Assist in inspecting, testing and adjusting electronic components, Calibrate electronic equipment and instruments, Assist in building and testing prototypes to specifications, Collect and compile operational or experimental data, Conduct or supervise the installation, commissioning, and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems, Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems
Task and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, trouble shoot and repair machinery used in production and related services, maximizing production time and minimizing down time.
- Explore methods for the improvement of machine operation.
- Upgrade machinery and equipment to improve production.
- Perform various activities relative to the installation and relocation of existing printing machines and equipment to involve dismantling, erection, levelling, fitting and aligning operations as needed.
- Operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of printing machines
- Assist in the design, development and testing of electrical and electronic components of printing machines.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Make repairs or adjustments to keep equipment in production.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- Order parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Completion of college program in electrical engineering technology or related disciplines
- At least 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in printing and packaging or related industries is an asset
- Knowledge of applicable electronic software’s such as Autocad and ETAP is an asset
- Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, team player, organized, detail-oriented
- Willing to work overtime, weekend or holidays if needed
- Language of work: English
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to email@example.com.