Altro Industries Inc operating as Altro Labels is hiring for full-time permanent Flexographic printing press operators. Altro Labels is a new player in the commercial printing and packaging sector, building a new line of business for high impact product labels. We are devoted to our customer-centric approach throughout our business and are passionate about continuously improving the value to our customers. We’re passionate, energetic, and committed to providing excellence in packaging solutions. Join our team!
Mount plates or cylinders and make necessary adjustments, Fill ink fountains and control colour and viscosity, Set up press and operate at slow speed to check samples, Monitor regular press run for quality using computer control console, Remove and clean plates and cylinders at end of press run, Set up and adjust in-line binding and finishing equipment, Direct press crew to set up, operate and shut down press, Review job orders to determine job specifications such as production time, colour sequence and quantities required, and advise press crew of these specifications
Task and Responsibilities:
- Review job orders to determine job specifications such as production time, colour sequence and quantities required, and advise press crew of these specifications
- Set up and operate sheet and web-fed presses to print text, illustrations and designs on a wide variety of materials such as paper, plastic, glass and metal.
- Mount plates or cylinders and make necessary adjustments
- Fill ink fountains and take measurements, make adjustments and determine settings to control colour and viscosity
- Set up press and check samples for ink coverage, alignment and registration
- Monitor regular press runs for quality and consistency using computer control console and make adjustments as required
- Remove and clean plates and cylinders at end of press run
- Direct activities of press crew and ensure that safety procedures are adhered to.
- Review job orders to determine job specifications such as production time, colour sequence and quantities required
- Completion of secondary school
- At least 1-2 years of related experience in operating print press machines
- Direct experience with flexo printing machines is an asset
- Willing to work overtime, weekend or holidays if needed
- Language of work: English
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; standing for extended periods; Personal Suitability: Multi-task, detail-oriented, organized, client focus, team player, accurate, flexibility
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to email@example.com.